01 June, 2011

Blog Challenge - Day 3

DAY THREE - 13 WAYS I BREAK THE ICE

1. If the situation happens to be like I have people sitting beside me, I will first nod and smile. That curve on your lips is an international language. Remember that. And SMILES ARE FREE. =D

2. Usually I will pluck up the courage to say HI. The first step is always the hardest. Once you've opened your mouth, I guess the rest will come naturally. =)

3. Being polite is one important thing. Who would like to talk to a fierce or ill-mannered person? 

4. I will try to prompt general questions if I want to start a conversation. Asking something that I'm sure that the other party will be able to answer will make me feel... safe. ==

5. Now, to ask questions that lead the other party to continue talking. Since I'm willing to break the ice, it means I'll have the means to 'warm up' the atmosphere. If I can, I guess I will try to ask questions that can lead the other person to elaborate more on his or her replies.

6. Discuss something that can attract others' attention. People tend to be more active in conversations regarding their interests. One point to remember. XD

7. GAMES. =D

8. GROUPWORK ACTIVITIES. =D =D

9. Other than questionings, I can always start off with a self introduction, to prevent the conversation to stop at the two 'HI's. ><

10. Presents exchange! This was something we did when I attended a party I don't even remember. I was still a kiddo. I guess no one hates presents? XD

11. Offering help can make people feel warm and welcomed on the inside. I will try to help when I can, and also when I have the guts. XP

12. Get a partner as soon as possible. When everyone gets a partner, the place will be filled with chit-chats and when everyone is in the chit-chat mood, I think the ice is broken? XD

13. Ahh.... Why think so hard, just get a hammer and slam it into the ice. Break the ice, literally. Hee.
__________________________________________________

I was curious what answers I'd get from Google. XD

(a) "Break the Ice" is a song by American singer Britney Spears from         her 5th studio album, Blackout.
(b) "Break the Ice"  is  Stratovarius's  third  single  released  in  1992         through Bluelight Records. 
(c) To start to get to know people, by avoiding awkwardness.
(d) To ease the initial restraint or  awkwardness  of  a  meeting  or  a      social gathering.
(e) When a player finally scores after not scoring on many possessions      or to make the first basket of the  game or  quarter or  to shoot  a      tie-breaker and beat the buzzer.



No comments:

Post a Comment