11 February, 2010

The Missing Mood

Again, my classmates showed me things I've never really noticed before..

Chinese New Year was never too special for me. To me, it's just like another week of public holidays, and if fortunately, with extra income. XD Due to financial problems, my family doesn't really go for New Year shopping. We might just decorate the empty walls in the house a little bit, just to spice up the atmosphere. Our relatives aren't around in Penang. So we almost don't have any visitors. New Year is mostly quiet for us.

My classmates are different. I was so awed when I saw and heard them discussing about CNY''s preparations and stuff. They actually spend a month or two, to clean up, to shop, to decorate, to make biscuits. They go out and enjoy with friends and family. There's so much to do within that short week of holiday. No wonder they said one week is nowhere near the word 'enough'.

Everyone's looking forward to CNY, look at all the decorations and plans they've made.. They're so enthusiastic. Unlike me, feeling almost nothing.. Pathetic.

2 comments:

  1. dear dear..i understand how you feel. to me, cny is just another holiday for me to watch movies with family in the cinema. trust me, we dont go bai nian or whatever. from day 1 to day 3 everyday go cinema watch movies only xD

    i already lost the feeling of cny years ago..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can say so too. The last time I really went for bai nian to many many relatives was... Years ago. XP If you've not mentioned the day 1 to day 3, I would've forgotten that the three days are for bai nian. XP

    Seems like our CNY are for stuff other than CNY? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete