27 January, 2015

I Call It, A Meaningful Day

There were rumours before this, regarding the release of posting results on the 26th, which is today. (Well, technically yesterday.) Nevertheless I woke up carrying very less hope, I even woke up at 11am in the morning. And yes, the results ARE NOT out yet. *sigh*

I notice that I tend to work a lot when I am alone. It's like I can plan my own schedule, and I actually get motivated to carry out chores according to plans. Reflecting on what I did today, I surprised myself. 

I woke up to find no one at home. HOME ALONE WOOHOO. And there wasn't any CALL ME note on the table. (You see, whenever I wake up late in the morning, mum would leave me a note to ring her, and then she would give me orders on what to do before she comes home.) I sat on my usual computer chair and spaced out for a while before I went to freshen up myself. And guess what, I started cleaning the house.

Starting with the hall, I threw away all the rubbish and started sweeping. Ended up sweeping and mopping the hall and the kitchen. Did laundry. And heaps and heaps of clothes, to reorganize our closets. It took me an hour or two to finish everything before I sat down for an episode of a Hong Kong drama series. 

Mum came home, I helped to prepare long beans for dinner. Helped her to pack freshly fried Chinese New Year snacks into those red prosperous-lucky-looking lidded containers. Helped dad to move the furniture in our hall to let him paint the walls. I started working on CNY decos! By the way, the above mentioned three things were done simultaneously. GO ME!! 

After the painting and snack packing, I continued working on making CNY lanterns with red ribbons. Erm, might consider writing about it if it turns out to be good. I almost skipped dinner! I do tend to skip meals when I get too engrossed in reading or handicraft hehehehe. By the time I stopped, it's already near 9pm. 

ISN'T MY DAY MEANINGFUL ENOUGH? =D

Anyway, according to the papers, posting results for Johor will be out tomorrow. Fingers crossed, but I do hope it's real this time. I've waited long enough. It's not like I yearn to get into Johor, it's just that this never-ending wait gets very tiring in a way. All I want is a result, though I know I will have to leave in a rush the minute I know my posting's location. 

Can I be greedy? 

I wanna know the results, but can I have enough time to prepare myself before leaving home? 

*gets kicked off cliff*

No comments:

Post a Comment