14 March, 2011

A True Hero

Audrey gave me a link today. It's a blog link and the short entry clutched my heart. It was saddening and I'm touched, by a true hero.


The earthquakes and tsunami in Japan have caused a great number of deaths and misfortune. Although the degree is milder when compared to the one we had many years back, the damage at Sendai is beyond terrible. Maybe it is because Japan faced a direct hit, unlike Malaysia, the waves came to the empty beaches and then our buildings. I looked at the flood scenes on the news, I read about the saddening deaths of the innocent, the tear-streaking faces break hearts.. Imagine losing your beloved ones in a glimpse.. I really can't imagine if it was me.. 

The story is about a stranger who gave up his life to rescue others. He could have stayed in the safe building, and survived the disaster. But he gave up the chance and offered help to a mother and two children. When a sudden wave came in, he let go of the woman's hand to prevent her from being pulled in. He drowned..

I feel sad and a little bit teary.. I don't know who this man is, but his bravery is etched in my heart already. This true hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment